Wysilab has released Instant Terra v1.7 with several new features and nodes:
- An enhanced terrain display and user interface improve your workflow.
- New nodes are available to multiply terrains and output an input node’s size information.
- The C++ API’s live link connects with your engine or tools.
- New algorithms for erosion simulation let you create stunning results.
- List parameter values, switch on/off parameters, & manipulators can now be used for your components.
- The Python / C# API is improved with new methods.
Improved user experience
What’s new in erosion?
Hydraulic erosion: No more aligment effect
The hydraulic erosion’s advanced algorithm generates erosion that doesn’t follow the world axes, which is often the case, providing results with more realism and diversity.
Sedimental smoothing: A new type of erosion
Generate the effect of sediment deposition due to terrain weathering during the simulation at realistic locations with the Sedimental smoothing erosion node.
Generate different flow maps based on the terrain slopes and water accumulation without calculating erosion simultaneously. Your flow map is ready in no time.
Combine the different erosion nodes with the multi-erosion component, which applies a multi-scale logic.
Now available in our library for terrains 1k x 1k (requires Instant Terra 1.7).
A generic version for terrains of any size will be available soon.
Live link – API C++
Python & C# API
Use this new API to view your terrain dynamically in your game engine while working in Instant Terra.
No more need to export / import your data to get the updates.
Documentation C++ API
New method to add links: Graph.add_link
New methods to create a component node (instance) from an existing component (template):